Thursday, August 12, 2010

July 7, 2003 - August 12, 2010



Today we lost our dear dog, Abby. It happened tragically and I'm still trying to wrap my brain around it. I missed her at dinner tonight, not by our feet to pick up Max's scraps. Or when I shut the garage door tonight, when she usually runs in tripping the garage safety light. Or in Lucy's room tonight, where she normally lays while I read bedtime stories. I'll miss her crazy snoring at night. I just can't believe she's gone. I'll miss taking her on walks and her running to the street to greet every dog that walks by. I'll miss tossing her popcorn during movies. I'll miss her trying to shove herself under the bed during fireworks.
We haven't told the kids yet figuring we'll see when Lucy brings it up. Tonight at bedtime she told Troy to say a special prayer for Abby. Kids know more than we think they do.
As our hearts grieve for our family member, we are thankful for all the good years we did have. She was great with our kids and loved us all unconditionally. R.I.P.

No comments: