Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Who's a Big Boy?





Gosh, time is flying way too fast. Max's two-month birthday came and went, but not without the traditional "infant with sheep" photos! We've been staying busy doing who knows what but it's enough to make the days blur together. Next week we'll be up at the cabin with family from both sides for a whole week! And less than 3 weeks from now it's back to work for me :(





And here is Lucy at 2 months:


What's new with the kids?


Lucy is too smart for underpants. Yep, no potty training going on here. We figure with her vocabulary she'll let us know when she's ready! And speaking of vocabulary, she's full of sentences. And she's very dramatic (but what woman isn't?). And she has an attitude. This must be the "terrible twos".


Max loves to eat and smile. I love that smile. He's a good baby who hates riding in the car, so unless he's sleeping, bring your earplugs. And he could stay latched on to me and eat and nap all day if he could, but I'm not one of those women in National Geographic so his food gets put away to his disgruntlement. I hope the transition to bottle feeding at daycare will go ok, he has taken a few here and there, but I will continue to nurse him as long as it works for him (and me!). He is finally sleeping in his crib (at night. During the day he's still in the car seat or the swing or me.) He has a good stretch at night from about 9pm to 3am which is great, but he doesn't really like going back to bed after that so he's up for good around 5am. I'm used to it though, but with the amount he does eat during the day I think he could push himself farther from that 3am feeding so I could get a full night's sleep, especially with work coming up. But I can't complain! We have our 2-month checkup this Friday so I'll post his stats then. (I'm guessing he's 12 1/2 pounds and 23" long)

No comments: