Monday, October 10, 2011

Typography Take One

I've been seeing various forms of typography word art all over the internet world and wanted to take a stab at it.  I had a remnant black canvas sitting in storage and a Cricut collecting dust, so Saturday night I got a wild hair to go for it!

Supplies used:  black craft paint, canvas, clear glue, paper, Cricut machine, and the fabulous Modge Podge.

I wanted to create a kind of family values sign to hang up on the photo wall, so I thought of some words and went to town cutting in different sizes.  I was limited to the two cartridges of fonts I have (standard George and a Disney font).  I had a couple cream/black papers to use up that kind of coordinated the whole thing.

Here's a photo of the gluing process - very sticky business that glue!


After gluing down all the words in the form I liked, I did a couple coats of Modge Podge to secure it all down.  First time I've ever used Modge Podge, can you believe it?  Certainly won't be the last either!


It now resides on our photo wall.


Now my crafty mind's abuzz with all the possibilities - handpainted stencils on wood, holiday themed phrases, favorite Biblical passages, homemade gifts...

2 comments:

Charlie T. said...

Looks great!

ErinHill said...

I love that idea!! It looks very nice on your wall!