Wednesday, March 12, 2008

11 months old





We forgot to take the usual pictures last night so did the usual pictures with the sheep this morning. As well as here are some pictures of her favorite things - climbing up stairs and eat spaghetti!




This morning we were playing and reading and we always pray before dinner with a big "Amen!" and this morning we were playing with her prayer dolly who does the "now i lay me down to sleep..." and Lucy looked and me and quietly mouthed "A men". Then we were playing with a music toy where you push a button and something pops up and then she closes it right away so I was saying "open" and "shut" and she looked at me and said "shut", so I think more words are coming shortly.




On Monday we registered her for her first multi-age playgroup at the Family Resource Center. Right now she's been in Baby n Me since she was one week old. Now she's the oldest and ready to move up, so she starts that the end of March on Wednesday mornings. It will be fun for her to be the youngest again and see her interact with the older kids and learn from them (only good things I hope!).




In non-Lucy news...we put our house on the market on Saturday with Century 21. I can't wait til the snow melts and we can take some "pretty" pictures of the house, it looks kind of blah right now. Sunday I had my second Sunday School class which was fun(ny) with two first graders. Boy are they inquisitive! I read the Easter story from the Bible and they stopped me about every sentence to define words, which was good since I knew they were paying attention! This weekend is Palm Sunday and my last Sunday School class. One thing I'm bummed about with the Lutheran church versus Catholic is there's no palms given out at service. When I went to Catholic church before moving out here that was a big deal.



But most importantly because it reminds me of my grandpa Fearing, who passed away during Holy Week 1997. When he had his last aneurysm and we took him off the ventilator it was Palm Sunday. I stayed in the room with him while the others went to the chapel at St. Joe's. My aunt, his sister, brought back some palms and taught me how to braid them. I think I ended up braiding everyone's palms over the course of the next couple days and I still have mine. Very therapeutic while he was in hospice for the next two days. I was braiding and everyone was visiting around his bed and sharing stories and lots of laughs. He passed away late on Holy Tuesday, March 25th, surrounded by lots of friends and family and it was the 'perfect' way to go! This year for Easter we are going to my aunt Vicki's (grandpa's little sister mentioned above) out in Maple Grove.


What else is new...I just read a fabulous book, Have You Found Her, which it took me like a day to read cuz I couldn't put it down. I haven't read a book in what seems like forever, I loved the mental break. I 'discovered' Janice thru, what else, the DIS (see link on my blog for the Disney Lovers). Speaking of which, I hope we can get there next Fall or Winter by some magical monetary miracle. It will be almost 3 years since my last visit, which is far too long :)


Oh, I almost forgot! Last Thursday Kellie and I did the KS95 for Kids Radiothon. What fun! I will definitely do that again next year. The DJ's were there telling stories and walking around talking to all of us and then a group of kids would come with bags of change and dump them into the big pot. My first hour there I won a $75 gift certificate to McCormick & Schmick's in Minneapolis for making the most out-going phone calls and getting donations. My girlfriend, Anne Marie, donated and got picked to play "Smarter Than Stacy" (the dj) at noon where they ask you 5 questions and you see if you get more answers right than Stacy. She won a gift certificate to California Pizza Kitchen. So a good day was had by all and they raised lots of money for Childrens Cancer Research Fund and Gillette Hospital, which happened to be where I interned during my surg tech program and saw lots of amazing surgeries.
Anyhoo, I can't believe we're in the middle of March already...did February even happen? I'm going to be sending out birthday party invitations for someones FIRST birthday pretty soon. CRAZY!

No comments: