Monday, October 25, 2010

Week 4 - Making Your Home a Haven

Where has October gone? I am just getting weeks 1 and 2 established in our home. (The candle is almost gone, darn, time for ANOTHER). And the music collection just got added to as I broke out the Mandisa that has been held captive in my husband's Camry, only allowing a listen as I drive to Saturday morning bible study :)

This weekend was the Women of Faith conference. Seriously, if you are one of the 3 women that reads this blog, are you attending and if not, why not? I take away something different every year and this year I took away a few things about friendship. And thankfully my friend Annette bought the worship CD that I downloaded and it's now added to our daily "background music"! Already counting the days til next year's conference!

Week 4 is about our children and holy horses do I need to work on this. Being a full time working mom, I often am so busy organizing meals, cleaning house, running errands that I don't think I'm spending nearly enough time making those happy childhood memories.

In fact, my children are taking it upon themselves to make them on their own. For example, Max successfully dialed 9-1-1 a week and a half ago from our home phone. Funny ha ha. Well this morning he successfully pressed the right combination while playing with my BlackBerry and dialed 9-1-1 again. They now have my name and birth date down at Baldwin P.D. and are probably keeping tally and sending me a bill!

Stay tuned for more happy family memory-making!

No comments: