Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend




Uff da! It's Sunday night and we haven't stopped moving since Thanksgiving. It all started with attending Thanksgiving Eve service at church Wednesday night. Thursday morning we awoke and as you can see, Lucy enjoyed her crib time. We headed out to Troy's aunt and uncle's, Jody and Lisa, in Champlin, MN for Thanksgiving Day festivities. We ate a lot and visited and took a walk and did dishes, and all the usual TG Day activities. Troy and I headed back home while everyone stayed overnight in the Cities.
Friday morning I picked up mom at 5:30 to start our shopping. First stop was Joann's where we were greeted by some very rude morning shoppers. Thankfully that was not how the day was going to be - crabby crafty women!!! Then we headed over to Maplewood Mall and got a ton of shopping done, then over to the Midway area to Super Target and Herbergers. Finally back to Woodbury for a late lunch and to drop mom off at home. I got back to Baldwin, unloaded all the packages and then we immediately packed up Lucy and headed to Eden Prairie for the Day After Thanksgiving festivities over at Troy's aunt Rox's. There we visited some more, ate some more and celebrated aunt Charlie's 60th (that must be incorrect) birthday. Then back to Baldwin.
On Friday while I was shopping, Troy brought out all of the Christmas decorations so they could be put up this weekend. So on Saturday we got everything unpacked and Vicky came over to help put up Christmas at our house. This year we wanted a new tree so we purchased one at Menard's. Well once it got put up it was way too fat for the room, so back in the box it went and Troy returned it and went to Fleet Farm to pick up this slimmer tree I had originally saw. Came home, we put it up, uh-uh, tree way too small and skinny. HA! So after dinner, Vicky went with Troy back to Hudson to return that tree and then it was back to Menard's and they picked up a tree we had actually considered buying in the first place. So, three trees later, we have the perfect one and it's all decorated!
Today Vicky came back along with Eric and they decorated our basement up for Christmas while I wrapped presents. Beautiful! I honestly do not have the knack for decorating like this. I know nothing about greenery and placement of objects and all that, so once you see our house, keep in mind this decorating gene runs in Troy's family!
And so another week begins...I need to get into the chiropractor (first time ever) tomorrow as I slept funny or something went out of whack in the shopping spree on Friday. Lots of activities this week - besides working, Vicky and I are having a Silpada jewelry party on Thursday. Friday night is the high school girlfriends holiday get-together. Saturday I will be scrapbooking all day up at church. Troy and I are on altar guild and along with Lucy we're ushering at church for the 8:30 service on Sunday, so lots to do! And when the calendar flips over to December, what a busy month that is!
I'm hoping for snow that stays on the ground before Christmas and I'm hoping for countertops to be installed very soon.
New Lucy things for this week - when on her tummy she'll get up on her hands and put her butt in the air and then push backwards. I think this could be the precursor to crawling. She's also been kind of a crank bear, so perhaps we're finally teething? Or maybe she's a crank bear cuz it's a girl's prerogative to do so.

1 comment:

Melody said...

Busy, busy, busy!!! Do you think I could get Eric and Vicky to come and decorate at OUR house?? We did start: we got our green and gold Packer lights up and on the front deck. That's all we need. hehehe

I was in line at WalMart at 3:50 on Friday morning. I got my Cricut machine!!! Merry Christmas to me! I think I'm bringing it with me for our scrapping day on Saturday.

As for Lucy...teething AND because it's a girls perogative to be cranky:) I love being a girl. LOL

See you on Saturday if not before.